green&colorful
Newly Registered

Does Banana Peel Juice Really Works?

Hello Everybody,

I just registered in the Forum and this is my first post.

I have read a lot of blogs and articles where they say that they use Banana Peel Juice for their plants. Banana Peel Juice are highly rich in Potassium and thus helps in blooming.

So do they really work? If yes then how many days it take for a Hibiscus to bloom after it has been watered with Banana Peel Juice?

Thank you :)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Well... yes and no. I never heard of banana peel juice, most people just bury some banana peels around their plants and let them break down. Maybe if you juiced the banana peels, they would break down quicker.

But in either case it is an organic amendment that supplies some potassium; it is not a magic potion. It is not going to automatically result in blooms and it is not going to work in days. It just generally contributes to the health and blooming of your plants. If you had two hibiscus plants next to each other and you gave one banana peels and the other not, it is questionable whether you would be able to notice the difference, especially with one application. Maybe over time, if you consistently gave one weekly doses of banana peel, eventually you would be able to tell.

green&colorful
Newly Registered

rainbowgardener wrote:Well... yes and no. I never heard of banana peel juice, most people just bury some banana peels around their plants and let them break down. Maybe if you juiced the banana peels, they would break down quicker.

But in either case it is an organic amendment that supplies some potassium; it is not a magic potion. It is not going to automatically result in blooms and it is not going to work in days. It just generally contributes to the health and blooming of your plants. If you had two hibiscus plants next to each other and you gave one banana peels and the other not, it is questionable whether you would be able to notice the difference, especially with one application. Maybe over time, if you consistently gave one weekly doses of banana peel, eventually you would be able to tell.
I see. Thanks for the response. Well, let me give a heavy dose then.

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”