Susan W
Greener Thumb

AACT Recipe (Activated Aerated Compost Tea)

ACCT is mentioned as a brew to mix for one's plants, especially the babies. What is the recipe? I did a search, perhaps missed it.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

That's because I think you mean AACT, activated aerated compost tea. There's a big long thread about it with recipes at the top of the Composting Forum.

Susan W
Greener Thumb

Thanks RBG, Duh!!!!!
I looked again at the ingredients for John's Recipe, the liquid fertilizer I use for the new and wee ones. It's rated at 3 - 1.5 - 2. Ingredients include fish, seaweed, molasses, humic acid. I use it about 1/week on the seedlings, and now the 3.5" pots giving them a nudge for growing.

applestar
Mod

You could put that fertilizer in a bucket of de-chlorinated water with some compost and aerate it for 24-36 hrs. You don't have to use a cup -- maybe 1-2 TBS fertilizer and 1/2 cup compost to 2 gallons of water. The idea is to incubate the good microbes in the compost with added food -- just like letting bread dough rise. :wink:

I would predict a lot of bubbling with the added ferts. So you *may* want to use a 5 gal bucket only half filled to allow for the foam.

greenthumb1001
Newly Registered

I found a great compost tea recipe here. Check it out!
https://growingorganic.com/gardening-tip ... mpost-tea/

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”