Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Lindsaylew82's 2015 Garden

From seed!!!...hopefully.

Had to get a scrip filled for the cat at Walmart today, so I shopped as well. Bought myself the only shop light they had. 48" stainless steel, double T8 holding shop light.

I realize now that I think I need at least 2 more shop lights to fill my shelf front to back, then I could fit 4 flats of seeds...maybe 5! I think I'm overwhelming myself. I've started hoarding every single container selectively keeping larger containers for up potting.

I just planted:
Broccoli
Brussels Sprouts
Romanesco
Dino kale
Oak leaf lettuce
Butter lettuce
Red cabbage
Collard greens

In the flats to go under the grow lights.

I'll direct seed carrots, beets, chard, radishes, and snow peas in the next week.

I'll get going with tender summer veggies closer to beginning of March.

Man hasn't seen my "progress" yet.... I'm supposed to be laying around all sick.... Anyway...back to being sick now.
Attachments
image.jpg

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Sprouts!
Attachments
image.jpg

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Soooooooooo... THIS sweet pea came! Finally! On April 7th. 8.5 pounds!
image.jpg
Garden and seed starting have been on hold. There is still time for a late planting. I usually don't plant until after my birthday anyway.

I'll have to buy starts. I wanted to plant everything from seed this year, but I have a pretty cute excuse to buy starts. I can still do a later planting for hot weather plants.

My seedlings were a success! They desperately need to be planted out. Since the garden isn't ready, I may plant them in our flower beds out front. That purple cabbage will look pretty! They need fed!!!
image.jpg

sweetiepie
Green Thumb

Adorable, I wish my kids would of shown up in the garden, maybe I wouldn't feel so old and out of shape now.

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”