j73m6
Newly Registered

Plant disease?

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, as this is an indoor plant, but here goes my problem:

I have had this plant for a few years, and it has been doing great! Recently though, it started to develop these yellow spots on its leaves.

I tried not to water it too much, and I also just changed its soil, thinking maybe there was a disease in the dirt. However, the problem still persists, and it seems that it's spreading.

Does anyone know how to treat this, and also, do you know what kind of plant this is?

Thank you so much in advance
Attachments
IMG00983-20130812-1012.jpg
IMG00982-20130812-1012.jpg
IMG00981-20130812-1012.jpg

imafan26
Mod

It could be fungal or nutritional.

What kind of plant is it?

If nutritional, you said you did change the soil and you are fertilizing. If it is nutritional the new leaves should come out looking better

If it is fungal, can the plant be pruned to open it up more so it will get better air circulation. You said you have had this plant for years. If it has been in the same place for all that time it should be acclimated.

j73m6
Newly Registered

Thanks, I will try pruning it some more, to see if that helps.

I have no idea what kind of plant it is...I wish I knew... :)

applestar
Mod

OK I might be completely wrong, but your plant reminds me of Barbados Cherry.

A couple of years ago, I bought a couple of tiny plants in 2-1/2" pots during an on-line pre-winter sale -- which is sometimes too small to pull through in case of trouble.... And I did get in trouble, so they didn't make it through the winter. :(

But I did my usual thorough research at the time, and the mature plants look similar. Yours may want a little more light than what it's getting.

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Applestar if your right (and I am not familiar with barbados cherry). Its a a tropical tree. And like a fig there may not be a too much sun. Irrespective of the low light conditions it might struggle through.

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”