Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Dirt and Manure TEA

Sense compost tea has almost no food value for plants, I was looking for something different with plant food value to water potted plants and the garden too.

Many potting soils have added fertilizer, when the fertilizer is gone the plants suffer. I tried dirt tea for my potted plants and Wow it make a big differents. Plants started growing again. Then I tried manure tea and the plants got much greener. The best choice is 1 gallon of dirt mixed with 1 gallon of manure in 10 gallons of water. Stir well, let all solid material fall to the bottom, use only the water. Plants get minerals and nitrogen too.

I have been watering a few selected plants in the garden it sure does make a difference compared to the plants that get only pure water.

imafan26
Mod

It would also work if you put fish emulsion or composted manure in with the compost tea.

imafan26
Mod

Dirt is interesting. I could not do this since some of my dirt has nematodes.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Dirt has even less food value than compost. In both cases what you are actually doing is culturing a whole colony of beneficial microbial/fungal life to add to your soil.

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”