Royiah

Re: My Garden!

applestar wrote:Hope this is not too late -- be careful because the cinnamon powder can burn the plants. Keep it off the foliage.

Another month here before I can sow melons and beans, but I have to catch up on planting the rest of the potatoes and start sowing corn. :shock:
Really? it didn't hurt my plants at all...
SmokeyGnome wrote:where did you find those stakes? i want some!!!
I got them from Lowes and Wal-Mart. You should be able to find them in the gardening section by the wood and green plastic stakes.
The Sky Isn't Your Limit, So Go Higher!

Watchrebel

Whoop! Looking good!!! Well except for the varmint in your intermediate tomato bed
:P haha seriously a great looking set up!! Any guess as to how long it took you to set up all of your beds? Any suggestions for soil amendments? Also what is your climate like?

Royiah

Watchrebel wrote:Whoop! Looking good!!! Well except for the varmint in your intermediate tomato bed
:P haha seriously a great looking set up!! Any guess as to how long it took you to set up all of your beds? Any suggestions for soil amendments? Also what is your climate like?
hehe thanks. O:)
Depends on the bed. The first two on the right I had help with so I'm not sure. But I tend to set them up in steps. Actually I don't really pay attention to how long it takes mostly just trying to get it done. :P I want to set up four more but hauling 5yards or more soil in my dads itty bitty car probably isn't a good idea. :>

Its very hot and humid here during the summer and I don't really get much of a winter. But I love the heat so it perfect for me! :()

As for soil I've only been growing for 2 years and have used a bagged gardening compost manure that has sand, compost and what not already mixed in. The only thing I've ever added were fall leaves during the fall and winter By time spring was here all of it was composted in my beds. I did add peat moss at one point but found it unnecessary with my well draining soil.
The Sky Isn't Your Limit, So Go Higher!

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”