To Alloyjane: Here's a link where you can find out about different contiminants that could ruin your mushrooms. The green mold is of the genus Trichoderma. It is another type of fungus. According to the link, it gives out toxin that causes the mushrooms to develop soft decay. I'm just glad I managed to stop its growth by dousing it with diluted hydrogen peroxide. Supposedly, the peroxide won't hurt the oyster mushroom. In fact, someone from fungi.com also recommended I spray my logs with diluted peroxide when I found green mold growing all over the logs. It worked on the logs also!
https://www.shroomery.org/5276/What-are- ... om-culture
Wikipedia said moss is a small plant.
Here's some good info on your Phoenix oyster mushroom.
My mushroom is called Pearl oyster mushroom = Pleurotus ostreatus
You may have to register with shroomery.org to see the links I gave you. But registering is free so that's not a problem.