homegrown
Newly Registered

what about the tiny bugs

hey guys. what about microbes doing the converting? there are nitrogen fixing bacteria too that would also attract beneficial bugs, such as those listed above. I guess they would also attract other bugs too?

I use EM compost and ever since, have been a microbial freak. are they helping or competing?

pixelphoto

" there are nitrogen fixing bacteria too that would also attract beneficial bugs, such as those listed above."

I don't see anything listed above? Listed above where?

You can never have to many microbes. The more microbes the better your soil is. If you soil is dead there will be no microbes. If it is teaming with life that is a good sign of a healthy eco system.
I wouldnt worry myself with trying to add more microbes to the soil. By doing what you are supposed to with mulches, good composting, good crop rotation, and more you will have a good balance of beneficial microbes in your soil naturally. I like natural.

homegrown
Newly Registered

hey thanks for your reply. I meant to put this on the string that had the lists of beneificial insects but for some reason it posted as its own entry... don't know why.
anyway. thanks. :) I like natural too, that is why I use the microbes I use, they are produced specifically for organic production. I just wanted to make sure I was attracting what I intended to attract with regard to diversity in the soil ecology. I didnt know if certain organisms dominate and complicate things rather than support them.
nobody seems to know about EM microbes, and everything I hear is good. I just wanted to know if there was any more information from people who have used it.

again, thanks for your comments.

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”