teh

This is no Magnesium deficiency right?

My Tomato plants are growing very well but all of a sudden some of the leaves are display symptoms as per pictures below. I checked online and is not magnesium deficiency could anyone guide me on this?

I am planting in 6 gallon container using vermicompost + sandy soil and temperature sometimes can reach 35 degrees here

[img]https://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/toypassage/rps20120912_081804.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/toypassage/rps20120912_081822.jpg[/img]

CharlieBear
Green Thumb

It's always hard to tell what is going on exactly from a photo, it looks a lot like what happened to a couple of my tomato plants earlier this year when they were still under the poly tunnel and we had a temperature spike, so I am wondering if the pot is large enough for the weather conditions. It could be that it is drying out too much in the heat and causing the problem. I am assuming that you are not watering over the top of the leaves, therefore blight is not real likely as young as the plant appears to be. Check the water levels on really hot days. Even if it were a magnesium dificency it would be very hard to correct in a pot like that at this stage so try more water or maybe some shade at the hottest part of the day.

CharlieBear
Green Thumb

It's always hard to tell what is going on exactly from a photo, it looks a lot like what happened to a couple of my tomato plants earlier this year when they were still under the poly tunnel and we had a temperature spike, so I am wondering if the pot is large enough for the weather conditions. It could be that it is drying out too much in the heat and causing the problem. I am assuming that you are not watering over the top of the leaves, therefore blight is not real likely as young as the plant appears to be. Check the water levels on really hot days. Even if it were a magnesium dificency it would be very hard to correct in a pot like that at this stage so try more water or maybe some shade at the hottest part of the day.

teh

Hi CharlieBear

I did give it some seaweed as foliar spray. But just confuses me as I read alot of people saying keep the leaves dry but in the other end some says its good to provide foliar spray so which should I follow?

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”