Merk1_99
Newly Registered

Apply Neem oil, and fish fertilizer(5.1.1) at the same time?

Can I apply neem oil and soap, and fish fertilizer (5.1.1) from the same sprayer at the same time. Looking to save time but wondering ifv the neem oil and soap will coat plants so the ferts won't be able to be taken in by the plants.

I googled and haven't found and answer.

Thanks

Dillbert
Greener Thumb

the question raises more than one issue.

I've not used foliar feeding for the veggies, but do use it for the "flower garden" - and with very satisfactory success, at least by my definitions. no sprayer - just a watering can with a sprinkler type head on it . . . .

there are experts who contend foliar feeding is all myth.

here's the "say whot?" part - one wets the plant leaves, to excess. the excess drips off the leaves and goes . . . bingo - right in the ground around the plant. so. it's a valid question - it is the plant happier for the fertilizer on the leaves or on the roots . . . .

more directly to your point, oil and water don't mix.
if the oily part hits the leaves first, the water based fish emulsion runs off.
if the water based bit hits the leaves first, the leaves are wet and the oily bit won't stick.

now,,,, both are "emulsions" - but the purpose of the "emulsion" is to allow them to be diluted with water - emulsions do separate & break down into the oil/water parts so I'd be hesitant to combine the two.

Merk1_99
Newly Registered

Thanks that is what I figure as well hence the question. I will do seperate unless someone else has some other experience.

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”