gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Any have link to Ruth Stout video?

I use to have a link to the Ruth stout Videos. It was linked a long time ago on here. I actually brough up that thread but the links didn't work anymore. Does anyone have a working link?

hit or miss
Green Thumb

There appear to be copyright issues with the youtube ones. I'll bet you'll have to buy it in the future!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Yes I found that out. After searching all over. Kind of hoping someone had it saved. Of course that would be infringant.

Looking at garden works website it is 30$ + to have it shipped. Are you kidding me. This is something people should see for the future of our planet. At that price it will not. :cry:

HannahGrace

We have Ruth Stout's book and Dad watched some videos of hers on youtube but I couldn't find anything when I looked.
Recently my family came across a guy who does something very similar to what Ruth Stout did only with wood chips. (https://backtoedenfilm.com/) We actually want to try it this year. We can get wood chips much easier than we can get hay. :)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

But the wood chips are much slower to break down than the hay and create a much more fungal environment. So not the same.

And anyone else's videos of the Ruth Stout system would not be the same as the ones of her that used to be available on youtube, because she was such an amazing character. If you had no interest in gardening you would still love these videos, just for the chance to spend time with this amazing, vital, humorous old lady!

I'm really sorry to hear they took them down. She's one of my Quaker heroes.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

rainbowgardener wrote:She's one of my Quaker heroes.
Amen to that.

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”