OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

So is it good to add it straight to the soil?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

gixxerific wrote:RainbowG yes geothermal is a great idea. But you and I have smaller homes and the cost to benifit just doesn't work out in our favor. It is very expensive, these houses we work on are 1 - 30 million dollar houses. .
Wow...$30 million dollar house... I can't imagine. $1 million is ten times the house I have ...

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

rainbowgardener wrote:
gixxerific wrote:RainbowG yes geothermal is a great idea. But you and I have smaller homes and the cost to benifit just doesn't work out in our favor. It is very expensive, these houses we work on are 1 - 30 million dollar houses. .
Wow...$30 million dollar house... I can't imagine. $1 million is ten times the house I have ...
Yep 30+ you should see the house I'm on now.

stryper

Out in Wentzville, or are you working in the Chesterfield Valley?

When I worked construction for a small builder before going back to school, I work on a $900,000 house off Wildhorse Creek Rd. I think the builder just put a normal air conditioner but he had to put in a septic system with about a 1/4 acre leech field.

But yeah. Lot of rich dirt and rock....most is probably limestone so I'd be careful about it, because of acidity changes. Also took out a ton of trees, which just got chipper-ed.

So you might consider that option too....free mulch anyone.

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

I heard the City of Ontario was doing alot of reconstruction in the city, they were giving out free Soil, mulch and amendments unfortunately I found out the day after they gave everything away

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”