PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

Sounds cool. I wanna do sweet spanish onions but don;t have the space. BTW if you are still interested in those Micro tom seeds I can still send you some.

What happened with the plant I had was that it got 1 tomato and had several more flowers. And then the plant just stopped growing. The one tomato stayed green for so long and now finally it is turning red. I have a few spare seeds from my original seeds. And I hope to get a few more out of this one tomato. If I get some seeds from this tomato I can send you some real soon. Otherwise I only have a few seeds for myself from the original seeds to start a new plant. And I will start that in Spring and seeds I collect from those I will ship some off to you.

Have you ever grown Tiny Tim or Red Robin? They are small dwarf tomatoes too. Next year I am gonna try them out. They grow fine in small pots.

DeborahL
Green Thumb

Do you mean me?

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

Yep.

DeborahL
Green Thumb

Thanks ! I'd love some Micro Tom seeds ! I'm moving soon but I'll PM you my new address soon. Thanks !

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

Well I opened the tomato and got 9 seeds. There was about 13 but the others are tiny and probably no good. I have them fermenting now. Probably be ready in a week.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

PunkRotten wrote:Well I opened the tomato and got 9 seeds. There was about 13 but the others are tiny and probably no good. I have them fermenting now. Probably be ready in a week.
After fermenting the seeds. put the seeds in a conatiner of clean water the viable seeds will stay on the bottom anything floating is no good. In case you didn't know. :D

DeborahL
Green Thumb

I can't wait ! Thanks !

rainbow2328
Newly Registered

I have general varieties of veggies planned but at this point I am more concerned with where I am going to place the garden exactly in the front yard to make it presentable by either using

b) raised beds or

c) materials to create a border if not using raised beds. I am doing a lot of research right now and will keep my eyes open for free materials.

My front yard is cut down the middle with a sidewalk to the front door and are patches of 7x10 approx. on the left and 13x10 approx. on the right. About 2-3 feet on the left is going to stay a small flower garden but the right side is going to be wide open after I pull a 20 year old boxwood (neighborhood cats hang around and stink up the place). I plan on turning the whole right side into a veggie patch with flowers sprinkled throughout.

My veggies will be:
three sisters
melons
cucumbers
peppers
brussel sprouts
carrots
radishes
beets
spinach
lettuce
potatoes (in a bin)

herbs:
sage
cilantro
rosemary
mint
basil
chives
catnip

I still have to plan the layout fully and may have to put some stuff in a side yard next to the driveway.

Other than raised beds, what are some other ways fellow gardeners plan to section off and edge? I have seen wine bottles and brick layered at 45 degrees but wanted to hear more about ideas or plans for other reclaimed/recycled materials. :D

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I am going to try alot of different things like starting potatoes in the greenhouse! I guess the pineapple tomato will be my best plant! I am starting kohlrabs this week inside along with a lettuce mix! I bought a lettuce mix from Livingston seeds today and it has like 6 different types of seeds. It also makes a nice looking bed with the reds and greens! The mix has 8 grams of Crimson butter, redsails, Iceberg, bibb, & lolla rosa! The pack cost $2.19 not bad.

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”