The alternative method:

[img]https://drphotography.smugmug.com/photos/I-FGHVqW8/0/O/I-FGHVqW8.jpg[/img]

Good for environment, good for your health and good for the garden :wink:

Regards,
D

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

More frustration/aggression release: "Die, die, !@#$^$ weeds!" :twisted:

At least, that's how *I* feel when they come out. I have a lot of tap-rooted weeds--they seem to like the Bay Area climate, sigh--so getting the WHOLE root is a personal achievement.

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

Trevor
Cool Member

cynthia_h wrote:More frustration/aggression release: "Die, die, !@#$^$ weeds!" :twisted:

At least, that's how *I* feel when they come out. I have a lot of tap-rooted weeds--they seem to like the Bay Area climate, sigh--so getting the WHOLE root is a personal achievement.

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9
Yes!
Weeding is one of the best ways to release pent up anger and frustration via the garden IME. PLUS, it's self-motivation (for me atleast) to maintain healthy plants in a neat area. Weeds<my other plants

Trevor

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Oh, those weeds...

I used to get rather frustrated, but it was kinda pointless. There are 2 acres of weeds between my house and the next one, so I just accepted the fact that I will have to do this few times a year. Wind blows the seeds easily.

On the positive note, 3 years ago, we planted 45 Cypress trees at the border of our property, they have grown considerably since, and in a year or two, the barrier will improve quite a bit. Other 3 sides of the property - forest :lol:

So for now, mulching and weeding works. And speaking of mental health - actually enjoyed sitting on the little rolling stool for couple of hours in a gorgeous day today, no rush, just one weed by one... Rather relaxing (as long as you accept that it will take some time, and nothing else is on the burner :wink:

Regards,
D

gardenscaper

One of my absolute favorite garden tools is the "Weed Torch" - a garden sized flame thrower that's brilliant for rockeries, pathways and garden beds. Two or three sessions with the weed torch is enough to do in even the deepest of tap roots - and so very easy on the back!

dustyrivergardens
Green Thumb

I am a big fan of the torch as well. lol :D love it love it....

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”