newgardener88
Newly Registered

please help - What Causes Browness in Leaves?

What would be causing the browness in my leaves. This started about 2 weeks ago. What type of light should I use now that we have lost the daylight hours.[/img]

SOB
Green Thumb

Please provide more information so we can properly diagnose your issue. We need to know (at a minimum) what you are growing. It sounds like you have this in a pot inside now, is that correct? Of course some pics would be a GREAT help!

We would love to help but without knowing any details no one can give proper advice.

Sorry...

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

It looks like you tried to post a picture, but it didn't come through. Detailed instructions for posting pictures here are in New to Helpful Gardener? under Helpful Tips and Suggestions for New Members.

SOB is right; no one can give you any help until we know what you are trying to grow and also where you are and what the conditions have been like.

newgardener88
Newly Registered

ok lets see if we can get the picture to come up here.

[img]C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\plant picture.jpg

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Did you read the instructions I directed you to? Here's the link to them:

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3724

It looks like you might be trying to upload your picture directly from your computer.

That won't work, they have to be hosted on-line first, some place like photobucket.com .

newgardener88
Newly Registered

[/img]https://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x440/newgardener1/?action=view&current=planypicture.jpg

Here is the photo.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

[img]https://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x440/newgardener1/planypicture.jpg[/img]

You got closer. If you copy the [IMG] (HTML) code from photo bucket and paste it in here, it comes up as shown.

owlyn
Newly Registered

Does the plant set by a door where it gets hit with cold air a lot?

newgardener88
Newly Registered

The plant does not sit by the door. It is in a corner of a room on an inside wall. At this time I do not have a light over it. Is this something I should look into?

DeborahL
Green Thumb

Is the plant a peace lily? If so, tap water/high salt in the water is the problem.
Peace lilies need distilled water.

newgardener88
Newly Registered

I have been using tap water!! Thank you very much for the information.

DeborahL
Green Thumb

OK, glad to help. Peace lilies are low light, but not in the dark. That's why they make good office plants.
When you water, flooding is best, so the salts can drain out. See the orange-ish and white stuff on top of the soil? That's salt build up. You can scrape it off and give the plant a shot in the arm with an inch of new potting soil.
Keep moist but not soggy, and it won't die if you forget to water once in awhile.

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”