PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

Super Thrive

Hi,

Anyone ever use this? What is it and what does it do? I have a 4 fl oz bottle. Is it safe to use on plants that you will consume later?

hit or miss
Green Thumb

I googled it and discovered it is highly recommended by the pot heads growing their own! :shock: I can't believe the first site I tried was a doper heaven.

HugeHarvest
Newly Registered

Super-Thrive is Vitamin B1 and Thamine. Thamine is a rooting stimulant that can be used on seedlings and clones. Super-Thrive can be used to prevent transplant stress. You only use one drop per gallon of water. Super-Thrive does not contain any mineral nutrients so it cannot cause nutrient burn.

john gault
Green Thumb

HugeHarvest wrote:Super-Thrive is Vitamin B1 and Thamine. Thamine is a rooting stimulant that can be used on seedlings and clones. Super-Thrive can be used to prevent transplant stress. You only use one drop per gallon of water. Super-Thrive does not contain any mineral nutrients so it cannot cause nutrient burn.
That reminds me of a little accident I had the other day (a couple weeks ago). I was pulling weeds the other day and accidently pulled two of my small merigolds -- violently ripped them right out of the ground.

I transplanted them in one spot that has pretty good soil since I compost in that area a lot and to my surprise they came back very good, recently started flowering. Don't know how much to credit my soil or to credit hardiness of merigolds since this is my first time growing them.

thanrose
Greener Thumb

Hardiness of marigolds. Even in Florida as long as you don't have slugs or snails chowing down on them. You can break stems of them and plant each section to multiply your plants. But your attentiveness certainly helped.

john gault
Green Thumb

I got tons of snails here (have yet to see a slug) guess I'm lucky. Or maybe they're just happy eating all the mulch and weeds I turn under the mulch :?: The only plant that seems to have suffered so far are the Hostas, haven't seen one on it, but most likely suspect. Maybe one night I'll go do a recon mission, since that's when they come out.

The other day as I was turning my compost pile I found a ton of snails.

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

Do you apply super thrive once or everytime you water?

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”