Leo Mitchell
Newly Registered

Video Instructions on biointensive gardening!

While searching the internet for information on bio intensive (organic) gardening, I ran across this video series that tells the "whole" story on sustainable vegetable gardening. John Jeavon's has over 40 years of sustainable agriculture experience. I have been using most of the techniques described in the video for years and I encourage everyone to take a look. It is without a doubt the best produced and educational video available. I just enjoyed it and learned some fascinating things and want to share it in keeping with the name of the forum.. Leo

[youtudotbe]https://youtu.be/FPeAvYrfKkU[/youtudotbe]

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

I've been a fan of Jeavons' "How to Grow More Vegetables..." ever since I first saw a copy, way back when. That was the 2nd edition; the 7th is now in print! No doubt but that Jeavons and his associates/fellow field researchers have made it possible to grow food in an almost closed-system way useful not only in the U.S., but in many under-developed countries.

They have interns from other countries live at their center in Willits, California, participating in and learning from the small research farm, so that the interns can take knowledge back to their own communities.

Really terrific work.

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

Vorguen

great video guide thanks

hit or miss
Green Thumb

That is excellent information! I went to their website and downloaded the free booklet too. I'll have to find some of his books one of these days too.

Tilde
Green Thumb

Thanks, the Sustainable Garden(er) might be my holiday gift to myself. :) Though I have junk sandy soil and will skip the double digging part and just do raised beds.

gdkid
Newly Registered

Thanks so much for the link! I'm going to go on there website and download the free booklet too :)

gdkid
Newly Registered

hey hit or miss, I coudlnt find there free booklet but did find the free e-newsletter, is that what your talking about?

mywebinfo

Well, it is nice when you have good garden soil to start with the way he does, my soil in the garden has way too much clay and would not be good for starters.

In the third video when he teaches how to dig a garden, no thanks, I will use plants to do that for me...again I have very compacted soil, I don't care how much back and forth forks, shovels, spade won't penetrate. I have just recently learned that radishes will do all of that for me and a couple of years of composting.

Basically I think it is a good series of videos they definitely have value in terms of Organic concepts.

imafan26
Mod

Thank you for the link. I enjoyed the video very much. I heard about Jeavons years ago. It was very informative.

Northernfox
Greener Thumb

This post is the one that gave me the kick to want to try to go from just squarefoot gardening to bio-intensive! I will probably do a video-log of my journey to hopefully help others!

thanks for sharing!

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”