Vorguen

I've long been doing research on this... help

I have long been trying to find out a lot of research on fruit trees but I seem to not be able to find them at all.

I keep looking for the requirements of different fruits that they need to grow, for example the ph of the soil, the nutrient requirements of the soil, the cold hardiness, and the optimal temperatures for growth, the climate preferences, etc etc..

basically all the little things you need to know when growing fruit..

But I can't seem to find it, even if I try to find one fruit individually (and sometimes I do, and its still only moderately succesful), I cant find a list of all the information on fruits like this.

I have tried searching stuff such as "database on fruit growing requirements" etc, and I cant seem to figure it out.

Can someone help, has anyone had any success with this? thanks

lorax
Greener Thumb

Have you tried Plants for a Future (www.pfaf.org)? They've got all that lovely info, everything but specific pH (they tend to say either acid, alkaline, or neutral instead), for about 7,000 plants and fruits.

soil
Greener Thumb

have you tried searching the latin name, you get more of the scientific info when doing so. otherwise you get all the random babble from people like us.

Vorguen

amazing website! thank you

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Another resource for you might be one or another of the bonsai sites.

My ratonale is: if your going to be growing woody plants in pots, even if only for a while; how do the guys who's trees live in pots forever do it?

hit or miss
Green Thumb

The Colorado Extension Service website has a lot of info on fruit trees too.

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”