YoungBuck

Organic Nutrients Shelf Life....

Hey I just received from Organic Tea from a friend and we are both unsure of the age of it. I was wondering the shelf life of organic nutrients... the nutrients are probably 2-3 years old (kept in a cool, dark place)

thanrose
Greener Thumb

Minerals are mostly inert and will still be available. Some things could have off-gassed or converted to less usable form, but should still be okay. Like it might smell more ammoniacal.

Is this a concentrated liquid product meant to be diluted with water? You might want to mix it half strength to use it until you determine it is okay. Also, just to be safe, apply to soil and not as foliar spray.

YoungBuck

thanrose wrote:Minerals are mostly inert and will still be available. Some things could have off-gassed or converted to less usable form, but should still be okay. Like it might smell more ammoniacal.

Is this a concentrated liquid product meant to be diluted with water? You might want to mix it half strength to use it until you determine it is okay. Also, just to be safe, apply to soil and not as foliar spray.
Okay thank you very much, I will start at half strength then increase from there. And yes it smells VERy much ammoniacal lol.

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”