Ohio Tiller
Green Thumb

Re: bring back "Gardening Naturally" TV series on TLC

I miss all the gardening shows there used to be several and now its all reality junk! I seldom watch anything anymore!

bright3yz
Newly Registered

Well this started in 2011 and I clicked on the link and requested.. I LOVED Gardening Naturally!! I keep hoping that ONE day I will be surprised and find it available to purchase the DVD.. cross fingers and maybe one day!!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I singed up for you Lon, a noble effort I must say. But as already said I doubt they will bring it back and if it is that old again as already stated here the new found processes would be lost. But all in all it would still be good viewing, even though I don't really watch TV.

applestar
Mod

You can find a lot of Eliot Coleman videos on YouTube. Some of them are legit and new, some are old low quality snippets of gardening naturally. :wink:

ReptileAddiction
Greener Thumb

I found some of them. Another show that I would really like to see is the old episodes of victory garden with James Crockett.

imafan26
Mod

Thank you for bringing this topic up. I never heard of this program before. I found a couple of episodes that were available on youtube and got to watch it for the first time. It was very enjoyable.

grwrn

I agree. I found some clips on You Tube and find them very informational and it keeps my interest.

Franenuss

I looked for them in youtube too and spent the whole morning watching them. I'm going to sign the request. If you know any more programs like this, maybe we could share them. I now a few but they are in spanish, if somebody wants the names, just tell me :).

Mikeys Madis Dad
Newly Registered

Hello, I just stumbled upon this while doing a Google search for Gardening Naturally and just wanted to say that the show is available on YouTube if anyone doesn't know. This show got me into gardening and taught me a ton on the subject.

GardeningCook
Greener Thumb

Mikeys Madis Dad wrote:Hello, I just stumbled upon this while doing a Google search for Gardening Naturally and just wanted to say that the show is available on YouTube if anyone doesn't know. This show got me into gardening and taught me a ton on the subject.
Thanks for the info! I was a fan of both "Garden Naturally" & the old original "Crockett's Victory Garden" as well. I have several of the Coleman & Damrosch gardening books, & also get to enjoy Damrosch's weekly gardening column in The Washington Post every Thursday.

emmsmommy
Newly Registered

Wow! I'd forgot all about this show. I'll have to revisit it on YouTube. I also remember Mel Barthalomew having a show on TLC as well.

webmaster
Site Admin

So... what are your favorite episodes of this show?

GardeningCook
Greener Thumb

I enjoyed any of the episodes where they were working in the garden rather than in their hoop/greenhouse (since I don't have one). Also (of course! :) ) any episodes where they cooked any of their harvest.

bonjour
Newly Registered

Does anyone have all 52 episodes recorded?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gardening_Naturally

bonjour
Newly Registered

jcsalerno61 wrote:I had the great-good sense to record many of the Gardening Naturally tv shows (many years ago) & I can tell you they are treasures. I have something less than 1/2 of the shows & recently transferred them to dvd. It would be a great thing if all 52 episodes were generally available for purchase. :)
Are you still active on the forum? Would love to watch those recorded shows.

organicpenguin
Newly Registered

I just tweeted and chatted with Netflix to bring Gardening Naturally to Netflix.

I suggest all do the same if you have netflix

They seem to be one of the best places and have most leverage to get a lost series!

bonjour
Newly Registered

This show was on the air for 10 years. Someone must have recorded them all on VHS.

I just hope they don't get thrown away!!

Maybe we should all contact the library of congress TV historical section and see if they can get their hands on all 52 episodes.

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”