parker34

Landscaping Blocks for garden beds

Hello All

I have some left over landscape blocks that I am thinking to use to raise up my garden a couple of inches to keep the water from the neighbors yard from washing away soil in my garden like it did last year.

Do landscape blocks leach bad stuff/chemicals into the ground and then into my veggies?

I will eventually raise them up higher, probably with cedar or something, but don't have the time or money to much else and these blocks are sitting there doing nothing. The blocks have been sitting out for at least 2 years since we moved in, and I imagine they were out there for sometime before that.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

parker34

Thanks Marlingardener!

My neighbors yard is higher than ours because of a pool that was in their yard many years ago. The ground just slopes toward our yard. My garden is right on the fence line so I am not helping the situation, but thats the only spot that that sun gets to in the summer with the monster trees in my yard.

My wife is more concerned about the leaching stones than I am. I'm doing some due diligence to keep her happy. I just wanted to get another opinion or 2 that I can go back to her with :)
Thanks again!

tomc
Super Green Thumb

Concrete landscaping blocks are pretty inert. I'd use them.

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”