rompstar
Newly Registered

my organic gardening project (raised box)

Hello Everyone,

This is a great forum, (looks like)... my first impressions.

I also maintain my own little forum, its a hobby, we do not sell anything there, so no worries.

Anyways, this is my first year, I posted everything that I did, pictures and just recently finished the box, but I still have more things to do, I need to fence that off to keep my chickens out and my 3 dogs, and my horse and..... I used my horses poop to build a natural mound, added some alfalfa, and before you know it, steam was coming out of it and lots of worms were inside, some were as big as my thumb, amazing, so that's what I am using for the compost, there should be lots of worm castings there too, should I supplement with anything else ?

And then I have to build some type of Trellis. What would be the best way to do that ?

Inside that box, I will grow: cucumber, onions, tomato, bush beans, squash, leek, potatoes, and garlic and some other compatible veggies. In the outside field, horses naturally pooped all over that field for the past 2 years, (they were moved to a different field now and its been over a year, so I think that was all mixed into the earth and it all naturally composed as well, and of course hay is mixed all in with horse poop)... :- )

In the outside field, I want to grow lots of corn, sun flower (the ones that you can eat) and maybe other things, not sure.... still learning...

https://www.kodiaktechnical.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=135

Well, let me know what you think...

anyways, my forum also have different other subjects, alternative energy (wind, solar, bio-diesel) and other links, it is not just dedicated to gardening, but all my other interests, we do not sell anything there, so no need to worry about spam, we are very small community, just recently opened the forum.

Ray

farmerlon
Green Thumb

It's always great to see what other gardeners are doing... welcome to the HG forum! :)

I was curious about the dimensions of the raised bed in your photos?
It looks too big to "work" without having to step into it.
It would be my preference for a raised bed to be no more than 3 to 4 feet wide, so it can be planted/maintained/harvested without having to step into the bed.
Of course, my preference may not be right for you. :D

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”