Susan W
Greener Thumb

Fish stuff for gardens - How have you used it?

Fish stuff, what I call it. In the jug, mix and water.BTW, I have liked it.

How have you used it?

I am trying it on the herbs (green, no flowers). Did a dose or 2, and finally got a new bottle. I am thinking light dose, every 7 -10 days, rather than heavier every 3 weeks. I had some herbs a bit on the yellow side, and I think this perked them up to more green (nitrogen).

I will be doing more inside basil and stuff. Have you used this inside? Do I water and leave the house? Says oderless, well, wrong.

Looking for experience and suggestions.
Have fun!
Susan

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

That is good stuff.

As far as the inside plants can you take them out side and spray them there. Than bring them in later. It does stink pretty good for a while.

GomoIsGardening
Cool Member

gixxerific wrote:That is good stuff.

As far as the inside plants can you take them out side and spray them there. Than bring them in later. It does stink pretty good for a while.
That's definitely the best answer, works for me when I can leave the pots out for a couple of days.

Outside, I actually use the stuff weekly at at 1 tsp per gallon with an Ortho Dial n Spray hose end sprayer. I give a decent soak, right now around 3pm so any water has time to evaporate off the leaves and surface soil, so I don't get fungus. I use that formula, because it's just enough to keep my outside, spayed feral cat at home, but not enough to attract the unwanted family of Rocky and Raquel Raccoon and their offspring. Pepe Le Peu and his lady friend aren't inclined to bring their brood around either.

Inside plants, I might use a 1/4 tsp to a gallon of water so I don't have cat frenzy in the house.

The smell doesn't bother me that much. Actually it reminds me of the only 2 places I've ever called home. My SIL, on the other hand, uses it and loves the results. She, unfortunately, ad nauseam; has something to say about the stinky factor, every time we talk.
MaryAnn

Susan W
Greener Thumb

Thanks folks!
Jug has 1 tbles/gallon, every 3 weeks.
I am doing 1 tbles/ 3 gallon shorter time span.
Looks like that is what you are doing.

Why my ratio? Have a cheapo 3 gallon bucket and use that, mix stuff, then water plants.

Agreed, good stuff, organic (hope so) and helps with the N content and green.
Have fun!
Susan

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”