rosiegirl
Cool Member

tomato/cucumber fertilizer?

last year I grew tomatoes and cucumbers in pots and used the neptune's harvest fish/seaweed (2-3-1) fertilizer.

this year, I'm growing tomatoes and cucumbers in a raised vegetable bed. I've run out of the fertilizer I have and before I buy more I wanted to check with you guys.

is the neptune's the best one to use? is there another?

if the neptune's is good, is the fish/seaweed the best for the cucumbers and tomatoes or should I get one of the other ones (fish 2-4-1 or seaweed 0-0-1_?

rosiegirl
Cool Member

thank you! I had no idea about the leaves, flowers, roots thing!

so would the 2-4-1 fish one be better right now?

love11

I use bat guana or alfafa meal. I would use bat guano for nitrogen and phosforus and if you have any wood ash from fires that is rich in potash great for a organic fertilzer.

Also alfafa tea ive made this befor and used it on herbs Best time to use it is during blooming increaseing the flavor the nutrients the vitamans all organic to great thing

garden5
Super Green Thumb

One of my favorites is [url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17097&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0]ACT[/url]. This helps the plant to make better use of the nutrients already in the soil (and it does a lot more than that, too!).

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I agree with G5 on the ACT.

But seaweed has other trace minerals so why not add the two together in light doses and than feed them that. as long as the "N" value isn't too high you should be good. Too high of an "N" ratio will as said produces more leaves than fruit. But the middle and latter numbers are always good to produce strong plants with more fruit. Stressing the middle "fruiting" or "P" number.

buddy110

I planted mine in pure compost the last two years. This year my tomatoes are over 6 ft tall EEEEK

But I third the ACT

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”