BERRYHILL

Neem Is Working Great So Far

I bought some 100% neem oil and have been spraying my plants with it. My squash and zucchini were being eat alive as well as my eggplant, now I see no flea beetles and very few cucumber beetles, nothing on my tomato plants either, I have been spraying for about a week now and it has really made a difference. Just thought I would let everyone no. So Far so good. Thanks Everyone :P

Sage Hermit
Green Thumb

Haha good for you.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

:D :D :D

HG

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Is it safe to spray that much? I always hear to only spray once a week. I have however been praying a little more than myself though. My flea beetle population is through the roof.

Just wondering if would harm the plants in any way. HG any comments on this brotha. :D

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Gixx, I think if you have movement in the wire, open fire... :lol:

Okay, bad combat analogies aside, neem is innocuous enough where my big concern is too much oil on the leaf burning on hot days. Otherwise the only other consideration is your population developing resistance, which is why I don't ever rely on just one pesticide but mix it up; neem one time, soap the next, saving pyrethrins for the really stubborn stuff.

If the thunder don't get 'em then the lightening will... :wink:

HG

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”