bonsaidude
Cool Member

desmodium gyrans seed soaking question

this isnt exatly about the plant but thats what I'm usin. Just I have to soak seeds for 12 or more hours in warm water, how should keep that water warm for that long ?

bonsaidude
Cool Member

ok well I tried my own method with a incodecent plant light near em seem to do the job sorry to be such a bugger on guestions but I transferd them in to small pots and put some sandwhich bags over them for humidity and working great. I watered the pots very well before planting them and let set for lil to avoid maybe drowing them, soil was nice and mosit when I put them in, now before I see sprout should I worry about waterin them or is the humidity of the bags doing that ? and I was thinkin when u see growth take off and water as needed is what my plan is panning out to be but just ify on the germination stage with bags over them and if watering is needed.

Sage Hermit
Green Thumb

I think you need to give them water again after the pots start to dry at the top. I would keep the soil moist at all times for germinating but after you see the first set of leaves I'd let the soil dry up a little.

Plants breath so don't forget to allow for air circulation. Covering the plants is good but don't suffocate them.

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”