debbie1950
Newly Registered

Bat Guano & Miricle Grow Fertility?

When I compare the Mexican Bat Guano (3 tab/per 1 gal water) and Miricle Grow mixed in water, with my fertility meter, the Miricle Grow shows I'm in a good fertility range while the Bat Guano says the mixture is not fertile - it's PH balanced - but not registering as fertile. Why?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I assume that the Miracle Grow reads as fertile because the elements the meter is looking for are there in inorganic form. The bat guano has all the elements but probably locked up in organic compounds, not so easy for the meter to read. But if what you intend to do with the stuff is put it in soil, the organic stuff is better for the soil, than the inorganics. We want to feed plants not meters.

Toil
Greener Thumb

I was pretty confident someone like rainbow would score a goal for Debbie. I would have taken a page to say the exact same thing. True sign of understanding stuff and people is saying it quick and true. :wink:
Last edited by Toil on Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

PS. I forgot to say welcome to the forum! :) Hope you find it friendly and helpful.... We specialize in quick answers and lots of discussion and opinions!

Sage Hermit
Green Thumb

haha quick answers. <3

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”