Homesteader

Seed.

Hello all. We have started saving seed to replant year to year and this year we have an abundance of heirloom hollow crown parsnip seed to share.
If interested send me a PM and I will give you the address to send an S.A.S.E.
I will give out about 350 seeds per S.A.S.E.. If you have need of more than that let me know and I will see if I can accommodate.
These have been grown organically.

Sage Hermit
Green Thumb

O:) :bouncey:

How did you get so many seeds?

thebahamiangardener

I would love some of these. Pm me the adress for the sase.

Homesteader

Sage hermit; Just let about 15 parsnips overwinter and then go to seed the following season. Let the seed heads dry on the plant, cut the heads off and shake into a paper bag. In total it was about 3/4 lb of seed. Which I figure is somewhere around 5,000 seed.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

21 days until germination, about 36 weeks until harvest (but a few frosts improves their sugar quantities, and you don't have to harvest until freezing ground becomes an issue). Sweet carrotty flavor, more European than U.S. but I can't figure why...Len and I were chatting about this just a few weeks ago on the radio show...(Len made parsnip chips; they were great).

HG

Homesteader

We make parsnip french fries, chips and fritters as well as using them in soups and stews. Yes much sweeter after a good freeze or two.

joshbuchan

wow what a great offer! have u any left? I would love to get my hands on some of theys babys.

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”