stella1751
Greener Thumb

I like your optimism, Diane, but I am depressed by your awareness. Your final caveat, that "Raisins help kids who have high lead levels," would remain unspoken in a country that cared about its soil.

Sometimes I wonder what our government doesn't tell us. I wonder about the FDA approval for chemical usage, whether new, fancy-schmancy products aren't rushed through to help our beleaguered farmers feed a nation. I wonder whether those new products won't, one day down the road, kill a hundred or so more fathers, as they killed mine.

Should an American mother, as I am assuming you are, know how to deal with lead poisoning? Forgive me my melancholy. I am merely in a mood to consider the consequences of our nation's actions. I know we must feed the nation. However, at what cost?

kimbledawn

I completely agree with how you feel. sometimes when others only see a snowball we can see the avalanche. It really is sad about chemical usage. I have found out so much by being a member on this forum.

I have come to the conclusion that our government is a business period... :cry: And unfortunately if we allow it we are the guinea pigs for anything they want to test out.

I had a time like you're having when I research the affects of mercury on children and cases of autism and how mercury was the carrier for childhood shots. They say mercury is no longer used but they also say that mercury has no connection to autism.

When I watched "tHE BUSINESS OF BEING BORN" AND SAW ALL OF THE DRUGS THE GOVERNMENT USED ON PREGNANT WOMEN AND HOW FOR YEARS CHILDREN WERE BORN WITHOUT ARMS AND LEGS and finally the government stopped using that drug and switched to different ones.

When I found out that certain plastics are known to cause cancer but they are used for food containers and baby bottles......

I could go on but as you said...Its really sad...really :cry:

So I understand.....how hard to know something is harmful and others aren't concerned, or just don't understand the importance of it all.

GeorgiaGirl

Sometimes I wonder what our government doesn't tell us. I wonder about the FDA approval for chemical usage, whether new, fancy-schmancy products aren't rushed through to help our beleaguered farmers feed a nation. I wonder whether those new products won't, one day down the road, kill a hundred or so more fathers, as they killed mine.
You absolutely have to read The Hundred-Year Lie: How to Protect Yourself from the Chemicals That Are Destroying Your Health and/or Fight for your Health: Exposing the FDA's Betrayal of America. It is horrifying, sickening, and yet strangely empowering to understand how the FDA is not our friend but rather an agency to give us false security while they actually protect Big Pharma and "Big Food." Both of these books are thoroughly documented and based on proven facts, not speculation.

Although the facts are depressing, it's important to know them so that we can protect ourselves. The bottom line is: 1) Don't trust what the government tells is "safe" regarding food, tap water, medicines, vaccinations, etc., and 2) expose yourself only to as NATURAL of things as possible... organic whole foods... purified or spring water, NOT straight tap water... as few meds and vaccinations as possible... as few plastics as possible... as little radiation as possible (e.g., refuse that dental x-ray at your next check-up! it is NOT needed and x-rays are proven to have cumulative harm!)... a lot of things that I'm sure many of us are already doing. Those two books will open your eyes to other ways we can protect ourselves too.
I had a time like you're having when I research the affects of mercury on children and cases of autism and how mercury was the carrier for childhood shots. They say mercury is no longer used but they also say that mercury has no connection to autism.
Yep, and they also claim that thimerosal has no connection to autism either (when actually it acts much the same as mercury), so they blissfully keep putting that in our children's vaccines. And last week, I heard about a new study that claims (don't laugh) that organic food is no better than conventionally produced food! When you look at who puts out those studies, and look deeper at how they arrived at these phony conclusions, it's obvious that their ulterior motive directed the outcome of the "research." It's sad how many people will hear that and think, "See? I don't need organic anything; that's all hype" -- and blissfully go on buying their genetically-modified, poison-grown food and feeding it to their children, thinking they're doing the right thing. :(

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

GeorgiaGirl wrote: I heard about a new study that claims (don't laugh) that organic food is no better than conventionally produced food! :(
I saw a story on that I believe last Thur on the morning news. I about dropped a pot of coffee on me, well not really with the coffee thing, but I stopped what I was doing. I had too my jaw was on the floor which made it hard to do anything. I couldn't believe it, pretty much ticked me off knowing that it was a bunch of cr*p they were feeding the mindless minions. At least around here the local Grocery stores bring in real Homegrown produce grown locally. but who's to say what they put on those plants?

End rant\ (before I get mad)

Dono

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”