iskhan
Cool Member

Lemon plant seem something wrong

Hi experts

My lemon plant's old leaves become light green or fade color and half dry and half green as shown in the below image1
IMG_20200627_182923.jpg
But new leaves looking Ok as shown in the image2
IMG_20200627_182940.jpg
Is it normal? Or it's something wrong?

Waiting for your helpful reply.
Regards
ISKhan

TNCatHerder

Re: Lemon plant seem something wrong

No experience with citrus, are you sure it's not sun scald?

iskhan
Cool Member

Maybe you are right, now a days temperature is very hot and humid 36C & 60% humidity.

iskhan
Cool Member

So do I wait for change of weather?

applestar
Mod

I don’t know much about them either, but first cut off affected leaves — dead areas will just attract mold/fungal disease. If you had used some kind of spray with oil in it, that could have caused sunburn as well. Another semi-common patio plant casualty can be result of unthinking guest pouring unconsumed alcohol in the pot. (Be sure to educate your guests on proper etiquette around potted plants :wink:)

If it seems like too much sun, consider moving them — it’s also possible it is getting reflected heat ...is that a wall? So moving away from the wall to allow for some air circulation might help.

I think best to be out there with the plant during different times of the day to check on sun exposure and just how hot the sun/air feels to your own bare skin.

You could also set up some shade cloth or awning over the plants if they can’t be moved.
Learning never ends because we can share what we've learned. And in sharing our collective experiences, we gain deeper understanding of what we learned.

iskhan
Cool Member

As per your advice I cut off all half yellow, full yellow leaves and dried branches. Also tried some shade on it.
Now Butterfly's caterpillars eating the leaves I remove them but new arrive how to get rid off them?

Return to “Organic Gardening Forum”