pklewis
Newly Registered

Shallots & Potato Onions

Hi

I am new here. I live in Southwestern Ontario Canada. I am attempting to get back into gardening, with the demands of my job for the last 10 years, I simply have not had the time, now being on disability, I need something to occupy some time, so am planning some elevated planters & containers for this year.

I am looking for named varieties of shallots and potato onions, I have have ordered Ambition, Conservor, and Zebrune seed, but would like to get some varieties that are only propagated via the bulbs splitting (multiplying). Any advice would be appreciated, or if anyone else is from Canada and is willing to share / sell some, I would love to here from you.....

Unfortunately, all customs will allow to come in from the U.S. is seeds.

Thanks in advance! :) :) :) :) :)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Hi and welcome to the Forum!!!

Of all the things you might grow, now that you are starting to garden, how did you settle on just growing shallots and a particular variety of onion I never heard of? Sounds interesting, but limited. (sorry I can't help you with them)

Sorry to hear about your disability, but I think that getting in to gardening should be wonderfully therapeutic for you. Healing to the spirit and getting you out enjoying the sunshine and bird song. I encourage you to think about making your garden (whatever it is you have, even if its a patio with containers) a place full of life with bird bath, bird feeders, butterfly attracting flowers, maybe wind chime, that will make you feel good to be in and have lots of activity going on that you will enjoy watching.

Check out applestar's wonderful thread on all the life she has observed in her garden: https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/vi ... d+watching

Maybe you will also get in to taking some pictures. We will always be glad to see them! Welcome!!!

Return to “Onion Gardening Forum”