Kisal
Mod Emeritus

How to search the forums on this site

I read in a post that it was possible, but I cannot figure out how to do it. Can someone help please? TIA! :)

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Go to the main page on the Garden Forum (the one where all the forums and sub-forums are listed).

At the left top of the listing is the "search" option.

HTH.

Cynthia H.
USDA Zone 9, Sunset Zone 17

webmaster
Site Admin

I'm going to add the site search everywhere, top and bottom of the page, once I get back from vacation. ;)

alisios

I still miss the old search. Many times, I remember that I read a post by a certain user. In the past, you could search threads by "poster". Now this isn't possible :(

Also, the older search would highlight the keywords in the thread. This was also very helpful in quickly going through thread replies...

Please, oh please - Is there any possible way to get the old search back??

webmaster
Site Admin

Ok, a little late... :oops:

Searching all of a member's posts is easy. Just click on the little button that says, Profile [img]https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/templates/ndesign/images/lang_english/icon_profile.gif[/img] Then you'll see a link to all of their posts.

I've added search capability to every page of the forum, at the top of the page. If you think I should put one at the bottom of the page then let me know. Unfortunately, at this time, the search function doesn't seem to work with Internet Explorer 6.
Last edited by webmaster on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

I just checked it by searching from this *very* page for "snails."

Not only does it work wonderfully, it's no longer gray against white. The colors have much more contrast vs. the background.

This was on a Mac OS X.4 using Firefox.

Cynthia H.
El Cerrito, CA

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”