NewjerseyTea

Weather

There have been so many weather related problems lately I thought it might be good to have a thread to talk about how we all fared. One of the pluses of a site like this is finding out first hand accounts of how people are affected.

I have had repeated power failures last week related to severe thunder storms. Many old street trees came down and caused damage. Streets were blocked off for days. Except for phone service everything is up and running now.
How about you?

Toms92gp

We had a several bad storms around in April and May. A tornadao passed less the n 3 miles from my brothers house in Greensboro, NC, and my parents garden got set back from a Hail storm in early may. The big story around here though has been the Drought, it looked like it was getting better up until the last week of May. The whole month of June so far I've gotten around .25 inches of rain, the farm ponds are close to being dry at alot of farms, they never recorvered from last year irrigation when August was real dry. Hopefulley we may get some good rains tomorrow and sunday, but it seems like everytime they forcast it, it ends up falling apart as it gets here.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”