pete28

Happy fathers day!

I wanted to tell all the fathers first off thank you for all choosing to be the biggest part of a childs life. the people that hold together familys during their darkest hours and have open arms willing to take you in whether you are an infant or 50 years old. A fathers love and wisdom is unmatched both in life experiences and just about everything else imaginable.

You are not just a provider financially but also spiritually. When your teenage daughter is in tears because her and her boyfriend broke up, or when your son comes to you for the talk. Remeber your children will always think they are right until that one day when they come to you and just sort of give you that look that says dad you were right.

Your children will put you through some of the best and worst times of your lives. They will scare you to death during their first bike rides praying they don't fall off. Your children will make you cry when you leave the nest. For those with daughters you will cry when you walk them down the aisle. I don't care how big and tough you are you will cry.

For those of you with sons be fair with them. Teach them all of the things that make you a great man. Teach them to love a woman by the way you treat your wife and other ladies. Teach them manners. Show them the value of a good days work and how it will make them feel. Teach them and prepare them for lifes lessons. Teach them how to be a good man. Pick them up when they make a mistake. Be firm with them, but let them know there is a reason for everything. there will come a time no matter how hard you try where he will say that he hates you. I think all of the men here can relate doing that with their father and if not then that is wonderful. You will have arguments with your son. God willing thats a very good thing. With any luck that means he is becoming the man you are. It may take time but he will come to you to apologize. When he has questions give him the answers, and show him the reasoning. You have taken on a great responsibility and bless you for that.

For those of you with daughters hold them dear to your heart. From those long nights on the couch rocking them to sleep as infants, to those late night talks when there hearts have been broken. Show them each and every day that they are the most important thing in your life. Remember no matter how tired you are or how sad or how sick always muster up the strength to have a smile for them. Your daughters will love you for all the same reasons that your wife does but in a different way. Show them how a family should be treated. Let them know you will always be there for them and that there is nothing you would not do for them. Be there for them to change a faucet at there new home. Be a good grandfather to your grandchildren. But most of all let them know they are loved above all else.

I hope all of you have a great day tomorrow and while it is a day of rest for us dads it is also a day of pride for knowing that so many people look up to you for wisdom.

this fathers day my wife and two daughters are in Connecticut visiting family on vacation and I will dearly miss them all. So to you fathers give your kids just one extra hug and let them know you care.

Enjoy everyone and happy fathers day!

Toms92gp

I had to work most of Fathers day :cry: . I told my wife I was going to celebrate it wensday since thats my next day off. My wife and 2 daughters did get me a card that made my day even though I was so down that I had to work. I already know I'm going to be a foutain of tears the day my daughters leave home and get married. I got at least 15 years before my first one will be old enought to get married. When my 3 year old comes running out the door to greet me when I come home from work and my 18 month old starts yelling hi when she sees me walk in will make me happy even after the roughest days at work. I invited my dad over wensday afternoon, I'm going to cook him dinner since my mom is going be out of town from tomorrow till early next week visiting her family.

doccat5
Green Thumb

Gentlemen, you are both "keepers" :)

pete28

that sounds just like me. I melt when either of my daughters says hi or I love you daddy.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”