TheLorax
Greener Thumb

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

<B>Reduce</B>, Reuse, Recycle!

Here are two great tools to help out in the sustainable choices department of reducing-

Check this out-
https://www.catalogchoice.org/#about
At the above site, you can eliminate unwanted catalogs you receive. Their claim is that via their site you can simplify your life while saving natural resources. Personally, I am sick of all the unwanted catalogs I receive and have no idea how I keep ending up on all these lists. My mailbox is so filled with junk mail again these days it is difficult locating what I do want to receive and I'm carrying out at least a full bag of paper to the curb to be recycled every 2-3 weeks. Anything that can help me reduce unsolicited mail is a good thing.

Supposedly, we can stop mass mailings to our homes too by logging onto the Direct Marketing Association's consumer information site-
www.DMAchoice.org
We're supposed to be able to follow the prompts to be removed from mailing lists. It's been many years since I did this but when I first did it the sheer volume of crap in my mailbox was noticeable within a few months. It's begun to build back up again so I'll be logging on over there to get off the lists again.
Just found the direct link to get to the area of their site-
https://www.dmachoice.org/consumerassistance.php

Supposedly there is a site out there somewhere to totally eliminate all those credit card offers that come to us in the mail. I'd love to find that one. I always worry about somebody grabbing one of those out of my mailbox and applying for credit.

doccat5
Green Thumb

Thanks for sharing the information, Lorax. That's good stuff! :D
doccat5

I'd rather be gardening!

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

You don't by any chance know the site that helps us rid ourselves of all those pre-approved credit cards do you?

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”