farmcity
Newly Registered

Plantin' Ideas

Hello to ALL ye consumers of fruits and vegetables

I would like to change the world and need your help in making an idea reality for future generations. I know that proposing something different can sometimes land you in hot waters, but I believe it to be a needed change and this is my planet too. I am not scholar, a great inventor, a rich man, or even a good gardener. What I AM is just a man but a just man with a fight for me and you. I like to ROME and eat while walking, biking, and shopping too. So here's the plan; '' Make all cities resemble the one called eden''. I would like to plant along roadways, bike paths, public parks and in shopping malls too. Make this a dedate not a feud I want to fix famine and help poor people too.

farmcity (earth 07:05)

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Nice thought; they are starting to really support community gardens in most big cities nowadays. It's a start...

HG

farmcity
Newly Registered

The thing about community gardens is that they are fenced in to keep thieves and beggars out. That breeds an air of fright and mistrust and even hate when someone feeds. I know of many folks that lock themselves in and just give up living their lives because of many setups like that that wrong our atmosphere. Things that separate the haves from the have nuts. It pits people against one an other. The opposite of what I want to do. Only the select FEW that made it to the meeting get a spot. The rest go without. That's why I want for ALL and not just for ONE. For all mankind and under god.

farmcity (earth 08:05)

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

Not sure where you live, but in my city, we have several vacant lots that have been turned into "community gardens" by volunteer gardeners (some of which include my gardening club) The lots are tilled every spring by a volunteer farmer, and we all plant them with donated seeds. They are watered by neighbouring homeowners all summer, and the produce is there for the taking by anyone who wants it!
There are no fences or barriers, but rather benches to sit on donated by the city, and the garden belongs to no one person, but the "community" We have done this for about five years now, and it has been adopted very well.
It's amazing as well, that with the amount of crime and vandalisim in the world today, no-one has ever damaged these gardens!
I didn't think we were that unusual, I am sure there are others out there! :wink:
VAL

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

It's a lovely vision, Farm...

Scott

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”