imafan26
Mod

Plant Shares

I don't know if you have this near you. I recently discovered plant shares and free stores.

So far I have been to a couple of plant shares and I have looked at one free store, but there wasn't anything I wanted.

The free stores are mainly in front of people's houses, but some are on other properties like churches.

They have a website called nomoola.com and it lists the free stores around Oahu. There is also a Facebook page announcing plant shares (like a plant swap meet. Bring a plant or plants to share and take a plant or more in trade), and free shares. Sadly, some free stores are closing because the hosts have either moved away or given up.

In April there is one almost every week. I don't go to the ones on the other side of the island, because I just don't drive that far, but I do go to the ones closest to me. I am currently starting plants and have some cuttings I need to pot up for the upcoming ones.

It is a good way to get some interesting plants and talk to fellow plant lovers and gain tips on how to grow things better.

The plant shares have a lot of succulents, but also some seeds, I got romaine lettuce seeds last time and mini crown flower. I did have to toss the mini crown flower, because I found out it is an invasive plant. I also got some bozo (globe amaranth), red dragon fruit, yellow dragon fruit, and succulent cuttings. I even got some 3.5 inch containers. Sometimes people don't have plants so they bring food instead. It has been a lot of fun and now I have a place to take all the leftover seedlings when I have too many.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”