Gary350
Super Green Thumb

LOOK OUT for TICKS

I woke up this morning with a red swollen itchy place on my left hip wife took a look it turned out to be a very tiny tick about the size of a pac choy seed. Wife removed the tick then we put full strength laundry bleach on the red place. Bleach is very destructive it kills, virus, bacteria, germs. I have not been in the garden it is mud from 5 days of rain. Ticks fall out of trees not sure how I got this tick I have not been outside much in all this rain. I hope I don't get Lime Disease or Rocky Mountain Fever.

applestar
Mod

Those tiny ones are the worst! (…but I’m not sure about putting undiluted bleach on your skin :eek: )

I seem to have an unwritten pact with my garden that I shall encounter 1 tick per day.

- I had my quota come crawling towards me on a black plastic mulch yesterday, and dispatched it. (DDs told me they found a tick on the kitchen floor in the morning after I’d come back in briefly, but we decided that even if I’d brought it in, since I didn’t see it, that one didn’t count :lol: )

- Last week, I had trouble falling asleep, waking up frequently feeling itchy or “something” on my face (which is normally loose hair or eyelash), and about the third time I woke, I felt something on my scalp and managed to pinch hold a smallish tick that had just begun to burrow into the outer layer of my skin — it came off easily and was flushed down the toilet.

Etc….

Definitely do a basic tick check and don’t ignore if you feel something creeping on your skin.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Several hours later the 1" diameter swollen red place is gone bleach took care of it. Wife cut my hair a week ago when it was 90° now it feels like winter again 70° high every day & 5 days of rain. Short hair makes it easier to find ticks but my head is cold. Every fall I stop cutting my hair it keeps my brain warm all winter. Wow 7" long gray hair photo I look like a hippie freak fossil.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”