Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Beilstein Germany, take a vacation & never leave home. I am tired of TV & computer.

Look at the crops growing at a 45° angle on the side of those hills. Even the valley is loaded with crops too the photos are amazing.

Do Google search for Beilstein Germany. Zoom in closers then click the tiny photo bottom of the page to switch from satellite view to airplane view. There is no street view but if you click the photo on left side you get 100s of street view & airplane photos. Wow this is a nice place. If we were not such old fossils it would be nice to travel to places & get an AirB&B for a few weeks an stay a while. Google map is the next best thing. Town is on both sides of the river.

Look at Wikipedia information is very interesting. Town was founded 800 AD. There is a 2000 year old castle on the hill.

There is a way to click & save Google map photos but I forgot how it is done? My camera takes ok photos off of the computer monitor.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Beils ... d7.2391589
Attachments
100_9081.JPG
100_9083.JPG
100_9084.JPG
100_9085.JPG
100_9086.JPG
100_9087.JPG
100_9088.JPG
100_9089.JPG

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

This town is on the Moselle, Gary. I watched a Rick Steve's show recently and thought how pleasant that part of Germany might be along this smaller river, upstream from the Rhine.

I take YouTube Swiss rail journeys - summertime, when it is dark, dreary winter here :).

I was just looking at one of Imafan's suggestions with the flooding in Hawaii. I have never been in one of these European cities during heavy rainstorms or when snow is melting. Some cities have very narrow paved streets. If there are backyards with gardens, they are often surrounded with stone or concrete walls. Where does the water go?!

One thing that is quite common in Europe and Asia is for people to live together in towns and villages surrounded by farmland. Zoning and culture restricts building in the farmland altho there is often a little shady structure for a lunch break :).

Steve

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”