imagardener2

Request For A New "Garden Photos" Forum

Could we have a new forum with the heading of something like 'Photos From My Garden', please?

My guess is that it would have numerous people willing to have a thread about their gardens in it as I recently started a thread entitled '[url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7263&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0]Flowers In My Garden[/url]' and had a couple of folks add pictures from their gardens, as well.

It would be a great place for us to get to understand each others plant preferences, growing conditions, etc, but also a great place for folks to get ideas or use for reference. Plus, it would just be a wonderful place to go to peruse gardens.

Anybody else think the idea could be worthwhile?
"Our elders instruct us to always walk upon Mother Earth with respect, gentleness, and with thankful hearts. We must never deviate from the fundamental precept of stewardship, or we will be capable of causing great harm."

doccat5
Green Thumb

Good idea!! Love to look at other's purties! I might even eventually have some of my own if it stops raining...........sheesh
doccat5

I'd rather be gardening!

webmaster
Site Admin

Sounds like a good idea.

imagardener2

Bump 8)

webmaster
Site Admin

Tick tock tick tock.
:hide:

imagardener2

Love the icon, webmaster! :lol:

[img]https://geocities.com/d_m_g_s/emoticons/worried.gif[/img] Please tell me it doesn't mean time is running out on my idea...
"Our elders instruct us to always walk upon Mother Earth with respect, gentleness, and with thankful hearts. We must never deviate from the fundamental precept of stewardship, or we will be capable of causing great harm."

webmaster
Site Admin

I'm looking into some improvements that may affect that. ;)

Quietly Awesome
Cool Member

I really hope you get your request!
I suggested awhile back, for a crafty section. But guess it wasn't such a hot idea. :oops:

webmaster
Site Admin

There are a lot of members here who are into crafting and scrapbooking.

:flower:

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

Please don't beat me but... if there is a separate forum just for people's photos, what's going to go in the threads? I like it when people post photos in the threads. I'm not a creative person and pick up ideas from what others do.

Not into scrapbooking or crafting but realize I am in the minority. Definitely interested in gardening related projects for kids and senior citizens as well as for myself but would also be interested in recipes for canning and preserving at some point in time. Those could just be inserted into regular vegetable gardening threads though.

One thing that I think might help out a little bit would be to consider eliminating all the headings other than the very first and it's two subforums-

NEW TO HELPFUL GARDENER?
Introduce Yourself Please
Tips & Suggestions for New Members

To that I'd add GENERAL FORUMS and I'd lump everything else under there in alphabetical order to help cut down on having to scroll so much since most headings only having one board underneath them anyway.

The two Bonsai and the two Rose boards would still stay together because they're together alphabetically. Might make it easier for new and old members alike to find favorite forums faster if the majority of the headings were knocked out to streamline all the different areas visually. If that doesn't appeal to anyone, then hydrangeas and lilacs should maybe be moved under WOODY PLANTS: TREES, SHRUBS, AND VINES.

Maybe the current Native Plants Forum could be swapped from Gardening with Native Plant Species to something more similar to how it is worded for Wildlife Garden - Gardening with Local Critters in Mind sort of like this: Native Plants- Gardening with Indigenous Species to get hits for both words representing that class of plant. Same type of deal with the Growing and Caring for Fruit forum. Might be easier to find if it was listed as Fruits and Nuts- Growing and Caring for edibles. Lemme see here, SEED SWAPPING FORUM could maybe be expanded to Seed and Plant Swapping Forum.

Running to hide in another thread somewhere now.

Oh oh oh, editing to add if everyone goes with the Photo Forum the heading Garden Tours might be nice.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”