Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Shaving Cream Rocket Engine

I finished my shower and started to shave when all of a sudden the shaving can developed a rust hole in the side it went off like a rocket engine. LOL. At first I am not believing what I am seeing. I had to look closer to see what is really happening. I did not realize is was shaving cream, I thought there was a water leak in the bathroom wall and water is squirting out but WHY is it making all this white foam. Within seconds can dissipated in foam. Foam was spraying all over the, walls, mirror, shower, toilet. Then I grabbed the can and put it in the shower where it continued to spray foam for about 1 minute. I don't make it a habit of taking the camera to the shower with me so I did not get any good pictures. I returned with the camera and took 3 pictures. You can see 4 rust holes in the side of the can. This is a new can of shaving cream I only used it 4 times, I want a refund. LOL
Attachments
100_5388.JPG
100_5389.JPG
100_5390.JPG
Last edited by Gary350 on Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

applestar
Mod

I’m trying to picture the scene and failing— it must have been a riot. I can imagine the panic that would ensue if something like that were to happen here. :shock:

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

You know, Gary ...

I was just wondering about the age of my shaving cream, yesterday.

My time between shaves has never been longer in all the days since I shaved off a beard. Although it was keeping me warm on the farm, I didn't much like having a beard. In the late 70's, I went to work for a greenhouse. Oh boy! Summer all the time - shaved the beard.

No. I don't like shaving, either! This "new normal" works for me ... I shave 2 or 3 times each week. I ask DW now and then, she always gives me a pass.

I'm guessing that we should hope that they make stronger cans. Or, smaller cans of shaving cream ... An Eruption like that would probably have me throwing in the towel ...

And, growing the dang beard again :roll: .

Steve

PaulF
Greener Thumb

That would have been fun. I use shave cream and a brush so mine will never blow up. Tried a beard once but the itch bothers me so much I just shave every few days.

Vanisle_BC
Greener Thumb

I'm another retired 'shave twice a week whether I need it or not' kind of guy. I also believe in a bit of simplicity and try to avoid much of our pointless consumerism. So I use a 'manual' blade with soap; just soap.

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

I haven't even owned a razor since the disposable one I shaved my cheeks and neck with for my wedding 13 years ago.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”