opp2

I have this girl in black. I brought her in last winter to keep her safe. Guess what/ I knocked her over and broke her wing. I have glued it back on but in the meanwhile I bought a new one. I thought she would be black, but I got a green one. I sent it back, and the dealer was very good about taking her back since she looked black in the photo I sent.

Too bad...the green isn't nearly as nice as the black...maybe next year. In the meantime the dealer sent me repair instructions so I've fixed the wing, and am going to paint it this week...

enjoy https://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDepotCanada/images/catalog/66bab055-57a9-410f-ad99-0ed2ef785661_4.jpg

JPlovesflowers

Garden Art

I love the bronzes too....found a new shop in Joplin, Mo that has amazing sandstone sculptures. I bought a Lady Rose, head of a lady with roses entwined in her head, with a big hole for a pot or it could be used as a fountain topper...love it. She has a foxtail fern for her hair right now, I'll have to send photos. My newest obsession is the frog prince. I've been wanting a fountain, we have a waterfall and the birds love the water so much that I want to give them something else to enjoy. I saw this and I was hooked
https://www.bird-feeder-supply.com/det/Frog-Prince-Thinker-Fountain.html
...he's tiny, my plan is to run his hose down into the well of our waterfall and sit him on the rock to spit water into the waterfall. My mom sent me money for jewelry for Mother's Day, but I'm going to buy Prince Frog instead, as a fellow gardener, I know she'll understand completely! :D
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to plant and a time to uproot. Eccl 3:1&2b

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

That's sort of what my frog prince looks like only mine is more voluptuous and is on all fours with his lips puckered up. I don't think mine is a spitter though. I think it would be neat if he was. The frog you found appears to be a spitter which is more desirable to me at least.

Daphne

I finally got my tipsy pot project done and I have to say am so pleased with it! I just love it!

[img]https://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/d3inks/garden002.jpg[/img]

I went with just flowers with the exception of a pot of chocolate mint. It was so easy to assemble and not very expensive. The bottom pot is a 12" inch pot. All the other are 10" I believe.
Last edited by Daphne on Mon May 26, 2008 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JPlovesflowers

Tipsy Pot

Daphne, How did you get inline photos to post? I've tried pasting the actual photo into a link and haven't had any success...what's your secret?
JP
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to plant and a time to uproot. Eccl 3:1&2b

JPlovesflowers

Frog Prince

Lorax, The frog prince is a spitter. I tried to order Saturday afternoon and realized for the first time that he doesn't come with a pump or hose, which ends up adding another 100 bucks....I think I'm going to have to wait, I've gone a little overboard this season and see if I can catch him on sale towards the end of summer. I'd love to see a photo of your prince. :D

Daphne

Re: Tipsy Pot

JPlovesflowers wrote:Daphne, How did you get inline photos to post? I've tried pasting the actual photo into a link and haven't had any success...what's your secret?
JP
I upload to photobucket and then click the URL link there. then I hit Contol V and it pastes the link here. when you hit 'submit', the photo shows up..I hope I explained that well enough.

JPlovesflowers

Photos

I've been clicking on the IMG link, which is what the instructions said in the forum. I'll have to try the url instead.
thanks,
JP

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

JPlovesflowers, if you love the frog... buy him. You can always hook up your own innards to make him spit for considerably less than $100 sometime in the future. The problem with items like this is that they generally aren't offered in the years to come and manufacturers release new designs. Seriously, if you love him, buy him and stick him out there anyway. He doesn't have to spit.

Good job Daphne! That looks really wonderful where you have positioned your stack.

JPlovesflowers

Garden Art

I do love him, I don't know why, I just do. Maybe I'll buy him and see if I can pick up the pump at Walmart or Home Depot, surely it will be cheaper there. Thanks for the encouragement.

imagardener2

Very nice, Daphne!!

I've got my pots and hubby finally got the center rod. Now if only we'd put it together...

Thanks for showing us yours!
"Our elders instruct us to always walk upon Mother Earth with respect, gentleness, and with thankful hearts. We must never deviate from the fundamental precept of stewardship, or we will be capable of causing great harm."

Linda_E.

Bowling Balls

The Lorax,I was reading this thread..Very interesting If I say so myself,,But If you are still looking for bowling balls,,Call your bowling ally and just ask them if they have any they want to give away..I did Sat night and the ally has 5 of them,,I will pick up Tuesday before I head for Tx. to get my plants,,lol..The mosiac balls are so pretty,,Some people glued pennies on the ball,,Or broken mirrors,,or moud pauge,,Not hard,,Use the super strenght glue stuff..Linda
Just living the country life in the Ky hills and hollers.

margiethinks
Newly Registered

These are great garden decoration ideas

I love the frog -- buy it! What I did last year is to get a small flock of [url=https://www.flockofpinkflamingos.com]plastic flamingos[/url] that I set up in my lawn. I moved the flock around every other week or so. My husband thought I was crazy, but I think all the neighbors enjoyed seeing where the flock would be from day to day![/url]

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”