imafan26
Mod

camera test

I googled to get the images transferred from my Galaxy 5 phone to the computer. I had a hard time finding the USB for "notification". Eventually, I muddled through. Now I am trying to resize my pics to post them. The pictures came out after I resized them but looks like they don't zoom. I guess that will be my next youtube lesson.
Attachments
This is my bougainvillea in training pot.  This is what it looks like after the second bonsai consultation.  Parts that I wanted to grow out did not and parts I planned to cut off grew out.  The master reoriented the plant and cut off one of the branches.  That branch was stuck in a pot to develop roots.  Then I will have a second bougainvillea to train.  I now have to try to grow more of the leaves out and some of the larger limbs have to be cut back but hopefully it will sprout in the right places.  I put it in my entry so it gets more light than under the tree.  I just have to remember to water it every day. I took a before picture but it did not translate well.
This is my bougainvillea in training pot. This is what it looks like after the second bonsai consultation. Parts that I wanted to grow out did not and parts I planned to cut off grew out. The master reoriented the plant and cut off one of the branches. That branch was stuck in a pot to develop roots. Then I will have a second bougainvillea to train. I now have to try to grow more of the leaves out and some of the larger limbs have to be cut back but hopefully it will sprout in the right places. I put it in my entry so it gets more light than under the tree. I just have to remember to water it every day. I took a before picture but it did not translate well.
20180527_064050rs.jpg (12.25 KiB) Viewed 10056 times
the herb garden has half the water now so it is half planted.  The rest is still mostly weeds.
the herb garden has half the water now so it is half planted. The rest is still mostly weeds.
20180106_093041rs.jpg (6.68 KiB) Viewed 10056 times

webmaster
Site Admin

It's not that they won't zoom. The images you uploaded are actual size, like thumbnail size.

One image is only 12kbs. That's really small. The other image is even smaller.

webmaster
Site Admin

To transfer images from a Galaxy to your (windows) computer, just plug a USB cord from the phone to the usb input on your computer. That should spawn a pop up that asks what you want to do.

You can import all images if you want. Or you can browse to a folder to choose what to download.

When browsing you are looking for a folder labeled Camera and/or DCIM.

If your camera has a micro SD card in it, the images may be stored in the camera/dcim/ folder. But more images could be found on the SDCard/camera/dcim/ folder.

imafan26
Mod

Thanks for the hints. I had a digital camera before. a coolpix, that I could upload from a sd card, but when I got the new computer, the coolpix will not work with the new operating system, it only works with windows 7. Apparently there are no upgrades to the software. I was able to take pictures on my phone but had a very hard time figuring out how to transfer them. I got some to transfer by emailing them to myself, but this time I could not figure out where they got downloaded to since they did not end up in my picture file.

I did resize them to get them uploaded here otherwise the files were huge. I did get a pop up, but I don't know what it did after I pressed it. It just disappeared. I finally did find the USB notification and got the pop up to import to my computer. I just have to figure how to resize so it can be uploaded. Thanks, I will work on figuring out the right size for uploading.

Thanks Roger, I got the pictures big enough now. I just have to remember how I did this. And I have to reload the original pictures I resized and did not rename.
Attachments
5 year old Jack
5 year old Jack
made image larger
made image larger
herb garden in January 2018
herb garden in January 2018

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

wow, the herb garden is stunning!

applestar
Mod

I love that the perfectly ordinary looking sort of tree is actually a papaya when examined more carefully. :D

What are those green and white blobs under it?

...I’m so excited in anticipation of more photos by imafan in the future :-()

imafan26
Mod

It is a low bearing papaya. It started fruiting around 4 ft tall. It will eventually get to its full height of 15-30 ft if I let it. The papaya is not that good so I will probably cut it down. The fruit are small and it is not that sweet. The white blobs are the winter melons that were planted there before. Half the garden is planted. The other half still does not have any water so only weeds grow.

As a side note. Technically papaya is a botanical herb. It has a hollow stem and it is not woody. Papaya either half ripe or green can be used as a meat tenderizer as the juice can break down protein. You just place the slices of papaya on the meat for 1-3 hours. If you overdo it, the meat will be grainy.

pepperhead212
Super Green Thumb

Speaking of green papaya, imafan26, have you tried that papaya in SE Asian food, where it is used more green than ripe? If the main problem is that it doesn't get very sweet, that might be an option. I love som tum, and even make it with other veggies, rather than green papaya.

imafan26
Mod

I do like green papaya salad and the papaya from this tree isn't really bad, it is just small and it is sweet, just not as sweet or as big as it can be. I judge the sweetness of papaya by what papaya the birds will go after. They do not go after this tree at all so there are sweeter ones nearby.

For those who are interested, this papaya is a female. The hermaphrodite is in the oval behind the allspice tree to the left. Some people will cut down females and males and only keep hermaphrodites, but I do keep females if the fruit is good. You can tell it is a female because the fruit are round and all of the flowers are female. As long as there is a male nearby as a pollen source it will not drop fruit. Once the male is gone, the female will start dropping all of the fruit because they will not get pollinated. Female fruit have few or no seeds. Papayas grown from seed will flower in about 5 months. By seven months you will be able to tell if it is a male, female, or hermaphrodite. Fruit will be ripe to pick at about 9 months of age. A papaya tree lives an average of 8 years and can get up to 30 ft tall. I usually cut mine when I can no longer pick the fruit. A tree can be topped and side branches can be allowed to grow to harvest additional fruit for a couple of years to extend the harvest time.

When I have more space, I will cut down this tree and get another. I am pulling out papaya seedlings now because they are in the wrong place. Most of the papaya that ends up in this garden is being dropped by birds. This one was planted though and not a volunteer. There are a lot of trees in the garden so this one won't be missed.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”