Tommy2000
Newly Registered

Which is the best weed eater?

There were listed 5 weed eater on this post https://www.powertoollab.com/lightweight-weed-eater-reviews/, There are WORX, GreenWorks, BLACK+DECKER, EGO Power+, Makita 18V LXT weed eater, Which is the best weed eater? Which did you use?

KeyWee

Welcome! I have a Stihl string trimmer and it is the best one I have ever owned. Being kind of fussy about tools and how they perform (or don't:), I have been through several that either didn't last or did a bad job. I like the fact that it is battery-operated and you can charge the battery when not in use ~ ready to go when you are. I can do all areas of my yard on one charge (and I am edging and "whacking" more than an acre). Let us know what you decide!

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

I've used non of those listed but do use a Ryobi 18V with a Lithium battery. It is lightweight, can be adjusted for edge trimming or sidewalk trimming. I does a good enough job to take care of my trim work in my urban setting with about 400 linear ft. of trimming to do between garden edges, fence lines and around sidewalks and the driveway.

For years I bought those $150-200 two stroke gas powered ones that worked fine for a couple years and then they'd get hard to start and keep running as they aged. I've found the gas powered ones need 2 things, 2 stroke oil mixed in gas with no ethanol and a lot of time running to keep them in good shape. And when you have a relatively small yard that is cut once a week in the summer and maybe every other week in the winter, that is not enough run time for them.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”