Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Re: Who remembers what these are used for?

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Was it a "Foley's" food mill, last month, Gary?

An adze and a weed whacker most recently ..?

I once considered work with an adze when I was building a floor in a log cabin (years ago). Pretty much gave up on the idea and just whacked at some pine poles with a sharp ax before laying plywood and subfloor.

Bought a grubbing hoe way back then but it has never been very useful. Later, I found a Pulaski in the woods near my gardens (many years later :wink: ). The Pulaski has been handy at times for cultivating tasks but I'm getting a little olde for those kinds of things.

:wink: Steve

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Has anyone used one of these. I checked into buying 1 once but decided not to. You need some place to keep this all winter. It also takes a while to set it up to do the job. By the time you get it set up to do a small job you could have done the job by hand and moved on to something different.

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

Last year I used a grass whip (like in the pic at the top of this page) quite a bit. Then some friends got together and got me a big brush blade for the scythe snath that we found here at the farm when we bought it, so that's been my go-to mower this year.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”