Bigal
Newly Registered

Need Advise on cleaning up Lawn

:( Hi this is my first post hope someone can advise me.

My problem is I have a lawn I also have two dogs that use the lawn I do clean up my lawn as soon as I can after the dogs have fouled it.

I now have two grandchildren that will be playing on the lawn this summer hopefully I will fence of a small area for the dogs to use, I want to make sure the lawn is safe and clean for the children to play on, what I need to know is ;

Is there a way I can sterilise the lawn and rid of any nasties that might be present?

Any advise as to how to do this would be appreciated .. Bigal :lol:

Roger

Hi there! If you remove the ... little deposits , nature does the rest about cleaning up traces. Your lawn is probably plenty healthy as it stands. Putting some sort of sterilizing something or the other would actually kill the benificial microbes and etcetera that remove any possible nasties from the ground.

Some of the herbicides and pesticides that people use are just as or far more toxic than a little dog poo. If you go ahead with your plan to mark off a little area for the dogs to use, I believe the rest of your yard is plenty safe for children to crawl around on, as is. At least I hope so: I have been playing in my yard for nearly forty years, and I've had dogs during that whole time.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”