TheLorax
Greener Thumb

Sustainable gardening practices

Recently caught the organic gardening "bug". Am just now catching the sustaining gardening practices "bug" so to speak. Based on what I am learning, I've been practicing sustainable gardening to one degree or another but have a looooong way to go. Very exciting to me to see all that is out there for people interested in sustainable alternatives.

Anyone else catching the sustainable alternatives and permaculture "bug" besides me?

Here's another website I just found-
https://www.suscon.org/

I really need to spend time getting up to speed in this area. So much to learn out there.

Betsylvania
Newly Registered

I am interested in sustainable home gardening with an emphasis on little or no chemicals, education, community building, bio diversity and native plant and animal habitat enhancement. We have far too small a sunny space but the whole suburban yard is just under a half acre.

Good luck to you!

TheLorax
Greener Thumb

I have done a considerable amount of poking around on the Internet and am finding there are people doing a bang up job on postage size city lots so don't see any reason why people like you and me wouldn't be able to go for it regardless of how little sunny space we have. A half an acre could easily fit 5 homes based on what I've seen in some big cities. I still need to learn a lot more though. Very exciting to me.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”