lillgardnr

Spring is in the air!

:D signs of spring are all around, 8) the smell of spring is in the air. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to this years summer garden :D
[img]https://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/nabes1/PICT1135.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/nabes1/PICT1137.jpg[/img]

horse&garden

I'm so jealous!!
Newbie to the site... I didn't do any type of gardening the past few years due to my work schedule so my spring is so far flowerless. I am getting to do so much more this year and am looking forward to tons of flowers and veggies in the future!

LOVE this site and so glad I found it!

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Welcome to the site Horse,

feel free to add your experiences and gardening questions.

Opabinia51 :D

horse&garden

Thanks for the welcome Opabinia. I think I'm gonna like it here. :D So far just lurking and catching up with old posts that interest me... But I know I'll have many questions in the not too distant future!

honey97
Newly Registered

I too am new to this site. I enjoy reading the old posts, learning so much! I have the bug, lol. But it's not catching. My boyfriend bought me a new greenhouse for Christmas, so I've been starting seeds for the past couple of weeks. Been gardening for years, but not is this area, so I am still learning the seasons (or the lack of). I am originally from AR, where there are distinct seasons. (that is not a crack). I do love the Coast.

Linny
Cool Member

Yes and I am so excited! :D We had several days of "spring-like" weather a couple of weeks ago and I planted lots of flower seed. I just could not help myself. Then last night it was 36° and the night before it was 25°. That took a little of the wind from my gardening balloon. :( I think the 25° we had Wednesday was the lowest this winter. About this time of year I get such a yearning to get my hands into some dirt!

Linny
Cool Member

honey97 wrote:My boyfriend bought me a new greenhouse for Christmas, so I've been starting seeds for the past couple of weeks. Been gardening for years, but not is this area, so I am still learning the seasons (or the lack of). I am originally from AR, where there are distinct seasons. (that is not a crack). I do love the Coast.
I have lived in Florida for most of my 50 years. I thought we did have seasons. :oops: Then I lived in Northeast Kentucky from 2002 - 2007. Now I know what a change of seasons really looks like! It's beautiful. I am a born and raised cracker, love my state, but now, every fall and winter, I long to see some of those brilliant leaves and some snow! We keep saying we will go back for the seasons, but work, money, time...all those things just keep getting in the way.

I would so much love to have a greenhouse. It has been on my husbands "to-do" list for about a year now. I have been sticking money back in a greenhouse account, so maybe before too long...

Good luck learning the "lack of seasons" in Alabama. Enjoy your greenhouse.

Linny

horse&garden

Spring is coming! I found these in my yard, never seen them here before! :) This is part of what I love about plants/gardening etc., you find surprises every year. :D

[img][img]https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/mithrilmaid/garden%20photos/DSC07627.jpg[/img][/img]

oishii

This is part of what I love about plants/gardening etc., you find surprises every year. :D
Yesh!!! So very true.

Right now we have a bit of snow cover on the grown here in New York City, but it is melting really fast! Will go scouting out there soon to see what little treasures abound.

Will add piccie of what popped up last year in springtime ... I love winters (snow and all) but can hardly wait to see the flowers blooming again this year... crossing fingers... some plants didn't show up last year... sadness.
[img]https://www.unikyu.com/UY/images/si_images/midspringaria.gif[/img]

And yes Horse&garden You just gotta love a perennial garden... never know what will show up from a previous gardener or what little surprises the little birds and bees will deposit.. so very kyool!

Btw.. A Big Welcome to all newbies from a relative newbie herself *smile*

And, I do have a page with pictures of all the flowers that popped up last year in mi garden from spring to fall if you care to have a look... I take wa-a-a-a-y too many photos of flowers lol.. :roll: and don't' have a lot of flower lovers around to share 'em with... sooo... :D

[url=https://unikyu.com/UY/UY_profiles/newyork.php]Click to see Pictures from Aria's Garden[/url]
You will have to click on a picture of a flower to see each slideshow. Each slideshow might take a minute or two to load, but methinks ze flowers are worth a little wait *smile*

Have a lovely "spring is in the air" day, all!

www.unikyu.com

Grey
Greener Thumb

Yes! I have a few daffodils and crocus blooming. Not all of them yet. My irises are starting to come up - some stay green all year and then put out a bloom, others disappear & come back.

I have moved a 4-shelf bookcase to my French doors and filled its shelves with 288 seeds. And in front of a few windows, I have more started (not as many, but some herbs and geraniums). And of course, I have my zone 10 plants that I overwinter in the house, and all the cuttings I took in the fall that have rooted are taking up nearly every windowsill I have...

Nobody would ever guess I like plants.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”