HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

4th of July Surprise

So I gave this guy and his woman friend, strangers to me, several old wood trays that I had picked up for free when the flower bulb farm closed down. Yes, the trays were really cool, and yes, I loved them, but they had been sitting in my garage for so long. I finally decided to give them away. The recipient of these dirty old trays said that he is a woodworker. He likes to make useful things from salvage. He was so excited about the trays and said that he was going to make some really cool planters out of the wood. He said that he would make a planter for me and drop it off sometime. I told him that he didn't need to do that and that he was doing me a favor by taking the trays. Well, this was over a year ago. I never expected to see these people again.
Today, there they were, knocking on my door. They brought me 2 baskets filled with perennial flowers, myosotis and impatiens. They said they used the old wood trays to build a grapevine support. They wanted to thank me again for the old wood trays. I can't believe they remembered. It was so sweet of them to stop by and bring me flowers.

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

image.jpg

AnnaIkona
Greener Thumb

Oh how nice of them to bring you those beauties! :)
True what people say; kindness comes back to you like a boomerang.

Happy 4th of July to all of you! (I'm not from the USA, but from Canada, however am still glad to have such a wonderful neighbor country.) :-()

HoneyBerry
Greener Thumb

A lot of musical talent comes from north of the 49th parallel. Must be the cold weather. I imagine you all sitting by the fire singing and playing guitars.

KeyWee

That is a most wonderful and heart-warming story. Opposite of most of what we hear anymore. Thank you for sharing and letting us have hope for the world!

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”