imafan26
Mod

IIIEEEE What do you do with some of the things you find

I went out this morning and when I got home I found a fresh dead rat just in front of my garage door. Now, I am used to presents but my cats are only indoors so I don't know where this one came from and It wasn't half eaten. When I had outdoor cats before they would leave me the heads, usually on my slippers. The dog would take my slippers and no one else's. I eventually had to keep my slippers in the cubby.

This is the first rat I have seen in years. What surprises have you found and what do you do with the bodies?

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Our neighbors let their dogs run wild. We frequently get gutted rabbits left in the driveway. They don't eat them, they just eviscerate them, and leave them. So. Gross.

2 or 3 years ago, one of them dragged a skeletonized deer carcass up into our yard from the woods behind our house. Spine and pelvis full intact.

We usually just bury them. After we buried the deer carcass, I kept having this weird dream where a skeleton kept surfacing out of our garden, and I would try to hide the bones so no one would call the police. It was CRAZY!

We had cats when we were kids that would bring all kinds of stuff home. Some still alive!!! Mice, squirrels, chipmunks, ( lots of those!) bunny parts, birds, snakes. One time my cat Boots brought a crayfish from the creek behind our old house! Still alive! They were most of the time whole, and fatally injured. Rarely, they were somewhat eaten.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Where we used to live, there were a number of stray cats that we fed, but that lived outdoors all the time. They frequently brought us little presents, voles, mice, etc, usually a bit chewed on, but not really eaten. The back half of our yard was a steep wooded hillside, so we just threw the "presents" down the hill and figured something in the woods would take care of them.

imafan26
Mod

I live in suburbia, and I don't like to bury these things so I picked it up and put it in the trash. I don't know if the dead animal guys would come to pick up vermin and they don't work on Sundays for sure.

Return to “What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”